Frequently Asked Questions
Are the destinations on your website the only places you travel to?
- No, the destinations on our website are our most popular destinations. We can fully customize an itinerary to just about any location for any kind of group, such as a school group, church group, girl scout group etc. Please contact our office for more information.
What is the advantage of using your company for our student travel plans?
- We have over 30 years of experience in coordinating educational tours for student groups.
- We have access to competitive pricing due to the volume of business we do and the industry relationships we have built.
- We can fully customize your tour based on your specific interests and needs.
- We understand how to plan activities, meals, and free time throughout the itinerary so your group is satisfied and comfortable.
- We understand the crucial details of planning and executing a successful tour that may never occur to a less-experienced travel planner.
- Most of our tour guides have been with us for 15-25 years and some for as long as 30 years.
- You have 24 hour access to the owner of our company or designee should you have an emergency while on tour. Contact our office at (330) 799-3853, (330)519-6214, or (330) 506-4259.
Does someone from 20th Century Tours go on the tour with us?
- Absolutely! We have a highly qualified group of tour escorts consisting mainly of retired teachers. We send an escort on each motor coach to assure that everything runs smoothly and that your tour is as carefree and enjoyable as possible.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept cash, checks and money orders. We are not set up to accept credit card payments.
When is our room list due for a trip?
- To honor the requests of the hotels, your school’s room list with be due 30 days prior to the departure of the tour, sooner if possible.
Can we watch movies on the bus?
- Yes, all of the motor coaches are equipped with DVD players.
How many passengers can a motor coach hold?
- The motor coaches that we use are available in a variety of sizes. The most commonly used motor coaches are 50, 54 and 56 passengers.
Does the bus have a restroom?
- Yes, but it should be used for emergencies only.
Who are your Tour Directors / Escorts?
- The majority of our Tour Escorts are retired teachers. They and the night supervision personnel we provide on our student tours have all had BCI background checks.
What is the recommended tip for the escort and motor coach driver?
- On our adult tours, gratuities for the escort and driver are not included in the cost of the tour. However, it is customary, but not obligatory, to show your appreciation to them. It is reasonable to tip the escort and driver each, $1 to $3 per person per day depending on how you view the service.
Is there a limit on how far and how long the Motor coach Operator can drive in a day?
- Yes, 20th Century Tours adheres to all Driver Hours of Service that are mandated by the United States Department of Transportation. A Motor coach Operator is permitted to drive no longer than 10 hours per day and be on duty for no more than 15 hours prior to having at least 8 hours off. Some motor coach companies require 9 hours. Our staff can assist in helping you understand these rules if needed.